"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Cor 15-58

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What's New at Sea?

Well let me tell you:
- We are sailing in the Indian Ocean now and not the Atlantic!
- We are sailing towards our final destination of Durban.
- We have changed time zones twice and are in the UCT+2 hrs time zone, or 9 hours ahead of "home" (for those of you that are slightly sensitive to my reference of home...lol
- We are in warmer waters so have seen more sea life these past few days i.e. fish, birds, whales - I'm still waiting to see these creatures myself, but being that we are going into winter who knows...:(
- We have travelled approx. 2500 nautical miles
- The ship is rolling gently - Thank you God!

My roommate Gabriela (aka Gabby) and I standing on the bow (looking like a couple of seals).

Again, Gabby and I happy to be on the bow (it is closed during rough seas).

The Indian Ocean during a calm sail. I do love being sailing!

Me enjoying a calm sail...

Why do they call it a sail when we don't use sails?

No comments:

Post a Comment