"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Cor 15-58

Monday, August 30, 2010

Twice Today!

I wrote earlier that I was blessed by being able to enjoy "whale watching"! Well, the crew and I were blessed during a prayer time as well...Many of us went out to the bow at 1800 hrs to worship and pray for the "Memorandum of Understanding" that has still not been signed giving our advance team quite a challenge and a fair amount of grief since we're in the 11th hour! Well, during a prayer time where we were specifically praying for some conclusion with the government the Captain came on the overhead and announced that he had just gotten word that one part had been signed and our advance team were feeling positive that we would have the entire memorandum taken care of soon. We were jubilant and went into worship with praise and thanksgiving! Would you too pray for this important aspect of our presence in the Republic of South Africa (RSA) to be finalized asap? Did I mention that worshipping on the bow, hearing the splash of the waves and looking at the stars in the sky is an awesome way to spend time with fellow crew and God! A sail just doesn't get much better than that!

P.S. I actually even had a third recognized blessing today, Wow! - The Gurkhas got up at 4 a.m. this morning and made us curried potatoes, garbanzo beans and chapatis. Yum! I never thought I would like curry for breakfast (although my mom loves it anytime of day), but I loved it so much, I ate it for lunch too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment