"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Cor 15-58

Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's Carnival Time Onboard the M/V Africa Mercy!

What does a crew of many do during a long sail? They have very talented people who organize shipwide activities! This one was coordinated and organized by the Academy's very own Creative Arts Director, Shelly D. She is unbelievably talented and creative and I am constantly in awe of her imagination & creative abilities! There were games designed and created by the students and teachers, cookie decorating, craft circle, face/arm painting (I had cherries painted on my arm), tattoo artist (I had a butterfly on my cheek :)), bobbing for apples, pin the ball on the Dolphins nose, prizes for the scored games, and it all ended with a rainbow pinata (made by Shelly) for all the kids. I manned bobbing for apples, aka, Bosching (unknown word to me) and spitting in the water was kept to a minimum - thanks Olly! It was great fun! :)





There are 10 more pictures I've been trying to load on and off all day, but they just won't load...I don't why??? So keep scrolling back because chances are they could just show up another day...:)
Blessings to you all!
Love and hugs,
Moi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment