"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Cor 15-58

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year!

This is my second blog to you today…did you get my first one? Okay, I have to be truthful right now – I’m a little more than frustrated! I wrote a blog this morning which I really liked, published it and then 3 hours later deleted it. NO I don’t know how, I just did it!

Apart from being very busy with the amalgamation that I mentioned in my last  blog and having very few days off since visiting y’all in the summer because of it, the above mentioned problem is a theme I’ve had since returning to  Africa and the ship – computer issues of one kind or another! I have had constant complications in transferring data to my new computer, losing ALL my folders  (pictures, music, documents etc.) from my hard drive with no backup (long story), and not having access to my email addresses and the Internet@#&*?!!

To make a long, long story just long (LOL), when I boot up my computer to write you and/or blog I've just had one issue after another, so consequently, I turn it off and don't look at it for awhile only to turn it on to another set of random problems, and on and on it goes…, AND now I am blogging you for the second time today and have to recreate the first blog which we know can’t be done and I am feeling like this won’t say the things as ‘eloquently’ as my first efforts,  but I am sticking with it and sending this today if it’s the last thing I do!!!!

So for those of you that know me at all, know that I have a love/hate relationship with the computer in the first place. I have had some real hate feeling and have been in mourning for my beloved pictures, music and information. You laugh, but as I’m writing this I’ve had an epiphany and stopped to pray against the bitter feelings that have taken over when I think COMPUTER because of the series and long lasting negative consequences I’ve been dealing with. (I prayed against oppression that might be an influence and not just me being electronically challenged...)

I digress… @#?&!! (Okay, I still have some praying to do…LOL)

My New Years resolution other than to blog regularly is to email you at least 3 times a year, as I have done in the past, so we can communicate a little more personally and privately. That’s not to say that if you are in need of prayer, or just a simple conversation that you can’t email me or call me. I am as close as an email or phone call away and I love to hear from you also.

Just because I have been electronically challenged by no means does that mean that you are not in my thoughts and on my mind – you are - and in my prayers too! Seriously, not having computer access to you all and being sooooo busy has been a monkey on my back and I feel guilty, lonely and disconnected as I’m sure you have felt somewhat as well @#?!! (Imagine what it must’ve been like for missionaries before the Internet!! I guess we can consider ourselves fortunate that it’s only been 4 months and now should be able to stay connected). Now that all my computer problems seem to be resolved (we’ll see) I promise even if I have to use my work computer  (which I have purposely not done) I will not let such a lengthy time exist between communications again! NO pictures for awhile though. :( --- :):):)

I’m excited to be a part of what Mercy Ships will be doing in West Africa in 2012, what God has prepared for us to do and sharing it all with you.

I look forward to our friendship continuing to flourish  in 2012; that you and yours are blessed with purpose, love and deep joy; and that the Holy Spirit confirms in your heart for the first time, or yet again, that without a doubt, God lives!

Bonne Année!

Love and hugs,

xx Carol  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment